Saturday, August 2, 2008

.:testimony moment:.

//contend in faith, hope in healing, rest in grace//

The faithfulness of God leaves me speechless and there aren't many things in life that do. In opposition to my analysis about everything under the sun, the will of God is unmatched and to fully comprehend it sometimes seems impossible. I'm so thankful that the sovereignty of God overcomes my sin, and that my faith response overcomes science.

I'm not sure that I could fully explain how God has been moving in my life the past month, or even 10 years; but I can start by a little background. I was diagnosed at a the age of 1 with a form of juvenile rheumatoid arthritis in my left wrist and it flaired 2 other times in my knees between the ages of 7 and 14. As a little girl, i remember praying every night that Jesus would heal me. Thinking back (not in pride, but in amazement) i think about what God formed in me during that time and HOW in the world a 12 year old girl would even think to intercede in this capacity. I'd wake up every morning and either jump out of bed and look at my knees to check if the swelling was gone, and some days just slowing move back the sheets, only to continually find almost soft-ball sized knees. Simple child-like faith, that had to be developed into an adult. Such a process.

I declared my supernatural healing when i was 15, and it wasn't until this last month, at 20 years of age that science has submitted to it's maker in my body. I already knew i was healed, but the doctors wanted to "double check." I received blood work back confirming that i no longer even have a trace of rheumatoid arthritis! Praise God!

In addition to physical healing, God's been doing alot of heart-healing too... and heart testing ...and heart conditioning.
Needless to say with faith should come obedience, and with obedience is revealed truth, and with truth is the greater revelation of God's presence in my life and his hand on my destiny, and in the presence of God there is freedom.

2 Cor 3:16-18

"Whenever, though, they turn to face God as Moses did, God removes the veil and there they are—face-to-face! They suddenly recognize that God is a living, personal presence, not a piece of chiseled stone. And when God is personally present, a living Spirit, that old, constricting legislation is recognized as obsolete. We're free of it! All of us! Nothing between us and God, our faces shining with the brightness of his face. And so we are transfigured much like the Messiah, our lives gradually becoming brighter and more beautiful as God enters our lives and we become like him."



//meg

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember when you told me about this...I think the day it happened....WHAT a testimony....God altering science itself. Hope some doctors start coming to church!! Haha.